8 ounces fettuccine
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups baby arugula
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
2. Season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
5. Melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Stir in pasta, arugula and Parmesan until arugula begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp.
6. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.